Curriculum and Instruction
- Average 15 students per class
- 1:1 iPads in 7th and 8th grades
- 21st Century Learning – creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and communication
- Core curriculum - religion, mathematics, social studies, science and language arts aligned to standards
- Enrichment for all classes - Spanish, liturgical music, Life Lab, and physical education
- Technology infused throughout the curriculum
Holy Cross School is fully accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Students come from Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Boulder Creek, Felton, Capitola, Aptos and Watsonville.
The school follows a quarter system.
Doors open at 7:30 a.m. with supervision on the school courtyard. The school day begins at 8:00 a.m. with morning assembly that includes prayer, the Pledge of Allegiance and announcements. Dismissal for students varies by grade level:
- 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m. – Preschool
- 3:00 p.m. – Kindergarten – 8th grade (2:00 p.m. on Wednesdays)
- 12:00 p.m. – Preschool – 8th grade on Minimum days
To ensure the safety of the students, any student remaining on campus after 3:10 p.m. (or 2:10 p.m. on Wednesdays, and 12:10 p.m. on minimum days) will be escorted to Extended Care and required to stay there until picked up by their parent/guardian (or authorized adult).
All students have a 40-minute lunch period with adequate time set aside for eating their lunches, and play time afterwards. The students eat their lunch outdoors in the picnic area and/or school yard, or in the classrooms, depending on weather conditions.
Students can bring lunch from home, order from Olsen Foods on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, or order from Kianti's Pizza and Pasta on Wednesdays.
Extended Care Program – After School
- 3:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday;
- 2:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Wednesday
- 12:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Minimum Days